Wednesday 14 May 2008


Brecon Beacons Agony...

Well it's three days later and my legs still feel it. Nothing really prepared me for how hard this was going to be - I really didn't approach it with the right mental attitude and it was a great wake up call about just how difficult the real thing is going to be.


We walked 12 miles, climbed around 3,000ft in just over 6.5 hours. So it was a little bit further than Ben Nevis but the clibing was the same..... Oh dear......


There was me thinking it would be gravel tracks, maybe a few steps, but no - at one point we were scrabbling up a near vertical face at the top of Pen Y Fan. I was so tired and there was lots of time for soul-searching. Can I actually do this? I decided that yes I probably could but only if I knuckled down and started taking it a bit more seriously....

9 miles on my bike yesterday around Whitley Common / Mousehill felt good - loosened up the legs nicely and I even managed to keep up with Chris so all this is doing me some good!

On to Butser Hill tonight...

No comments: