Wednesday 25 June 2008

Brecon Beacons (again!)

Will, Chris F, Kevin and I took a day off work for an extra training trip to the Brecon Beacons yesterday.

A good night's sleep and avoiding a 'fish & chip supper', ice-cream & beer the night before together with missing a large fry-up for breakfast seemed to have helped! I got to the top of Pen-Y-Fan and didn't feel like jumping straight off. We then went over to Crum Du, down to Storey Arms (not a pub - fancy writing a name like that on an OS map and it not being a pub must write to my MP), back up a long steep path to Crum Du, over to Pen-Y-Fan again, down and up to Cribyn where my back started to twinge and the blisters I got at the top of Pen-Y-Fan started burning (even with Will's super-blister-pad things on) and I decided to call it quits for the day - I still had to climb down Cribyn and back up Pen-Y-Fan and down to the car and Nicki's precautionary words about my back started to kick in! Chris, Will and Kevin went onto Big-Y-Fan and back the same route, arriving back at the car only half and hour after me.

Anyway, feel much better today than the last trip to Brecon. Training session with Mike on Thursday and then off to Brecon again on Sunday for possibly the last big session before the event....

No comments: