Monday 3 March 2008

3rd March: New Blogger - Is this thing on....?

Thanks to Leigh for creating this blog and I hope this will be the first of many posts. I'm new to this so please excuse any basic errors!

Yesterday, 2nd March, was my first run for 2 weeks and I was feeling lardy so it had to be done

My current route is almost 6 miles and takes in the hills of Firgrove Hill, from The Fox pub to the Bourne crossroads, along/up Burnt Hill Road (short climbs, fairly steep) and Wrecclesham Hill (long and tedious gradual ascent). My previous run had been my best time so far, 54 minutes; reason to celebrate. More reason to celebrate that day; whilst chugging along Burnt Hill Road I passed a horse and rider, a genuine first for me overtaking a horse. OK they were hardly galloping but it was still a horse.

Yesterday morning my gasping for air must have scared off all wildlife in the area as I plodded around in 56 minutes. It made me realise, yet again, the effects of slipping out of the exercise habit - but I'm sure it won't be the last time. Less excuse this week as Michele being Down Under means I'm a house-husband, so the plan is to do some form of training each day while Millie is at school - what hope of that happening?!

Now that the ground is getting firmer again I'll return to running up and around Farnham Park. I did that last year and the paths offer a combination of tarmac, gravel and grass, there's a variety of slopes, and on a clear day the views are spectacular!

Am still without walking boots, the guy at Breaking Free has ordered some wider fitting boots for me to try so hopefully I'll have them in time for Adrian's Punch Bowl 10-miler.

Signing off

No comments: