Monday 24 March 2008

Solitude on Easter Monday

Nobody was up for an Easter Monday jaunt in the cold this morning, so I left Hindhead car park on my own at 9ish, determined to get my first 10-miler under my belt. It was quite good in the end, Hindhead to Black Down and back, not too many navigational issues and some good views along the way (or they would have been if the weather had been clear). I didn't even need my waterproofs!

Once I work out how to generate the snazzy Google Earth pictures that Leigh has been doing, I'll post a route.

If there is something these walks are demonstrating, it's how much walking-specific fitness I need to develop. I still have a long way to go before I'm going to take proper hills in my stride.

Hope to see some of you Wednesday evening. And that my first-time blog entry looks reasonable...

No comments: